FitClimb

In the 8 month training plan, some of the headings tell me to focus on interval training. There's no specific directions for this. When it tells me to do 80 minutes of cardio at 85% MHR, am I supposed to interval train with this number for a specific time interval and then another interval at a lower heart rate? Or am I supposed to do 80 minutes at 85% the whole time?

Views: 1582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm currently on my last week of month 2 and I can't believe how in shape I am compared to when I first started.
Where can I find the 8 month mountaineering plan?
Never mind I switched to the desktop version of this site and found it.

I have a question also. 

Today I did the second workout with the 20 min cardio then 3 x 10 of everything. This took forever, so I ma curious if I am doing it correctly? especially when it goes to 4 sets soon. I curious about the numbering. 40 stepups for 3 sets takes a while, then side steps, down steps...

Also should you do 3 sets of squats then move onto 3 sets of step ups or do you do one set of everything then repeat 3 times? like a circuit?

40 step ups (normal, side, and step downs) is quite a lot! I can feel strength building already. I'm on the 6 week beginner plan. 

I would also like if someone could clarify how many reps on each side (left and right) one should do in a set of "40 step ups". 40 each leg? Or split between both sides (20 on the left, 20 on the right)? Cheers. 

Clay- Thanks for calling this out, I'll clarify the plan, but it's meant to increase up to 85% then come down till you feel up to pushing back up again. Glaf to see its working and congrats on making it this far.

Hello,
I have the same question about Strength workout, is it 4 sets of 40 reps (Step up, Step sides, Step down) or it's just 40 reps ? 4 sets will take a while and 160 reps .
Please if you could clarify this it will be really helpful for all.

Yes it was 4 sets of 40. I reviewed this again and now I'm convinced it is a bit too aggressive. I've updated months 1 & 2.  Also, everyone is different, these are general guides and you don't need to follow them to the word but customize according to your needs and level of comfort. You could start out slower and ramp up faster if that works. The most important thing is to consistently exercise and try and hit the trail as much as possible. I noticed you are training for Everest. Would love to get feedback on your fitness before you leave and after your trip.  Be Safe!

Wrote my question in the wrong section...oops. 

RSS

Free Training plans:
Hiking and Backpacking
6 week beginner plan

General Mountaineering:
Intermediate Plan 12 weeks

Mt. Rainier 12 week plan:

Mount Rainier Training Plan

8 Month Mountaineering Training & Fitness Plan

Meal Plans:
Backpacking and Climbing Meal Plans

© 2024   Created by Ali Alami.   Powered by