FitClimb

What behaviors bother you the most when climbing or hiking? One thing that really bugs me is when people litter on the trail. The last time I was hiking in the North Cascades, I encountered at least 4-5 pieces of litter ranging from plastic water bottles to granola bar wrappers. I even see used tissue paper on the ground. It seems so inconsiderate to leave behind your trash for other people to look at or pick up. I'm curious about other people's outdoor pet peeves...

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's some of my pet peeves when it comes to climbing, mountaineering, and hiking:

1. When it's not windy having the person in front of you on the trail pass gas.

2. When it's windy and your mountaineering having a rope team member not pay attention to the direction of the wind when they urinate, causing a mist on others.

3. When rock climbing big walls, climbers who don't pay attention to where their waste is going.

4. Climbers and hikers above who don't pay attention to walking carefully and kicking down rocks or triggering small avalanches. Then not yelling rock to warn those below.

5. Hikers and climbers wearing ipods and listening to music, not paying attention to what's going on around them.

That's what I can think of right now. I'm interested to see what other fitclimb members think?

RSS

Free Training plans:
Hiking and Backpacking
6 week beginner plan

General Mountaineering:
Intermediate Plan 12 weeks

Mt. Rainier 12 week plan:

Mount Rainier Training Plan

8 Month Mountaineering Training & Fitness Plan

Meal Plans:
Backpacking and Climbing Meal Plans

© 2024   Created by Ali Alami.   Powered by