FitClimb

Mountain fitness (1,699)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cell Coverage in Your Wilderness Backyard

I'm trying to get an idea of how good cell coverage is at some of the most popular outdoor spots in the US.  Particularly the Grand Canyon…

Started by Ali Alami

3 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Michael Worrell

Revolutionary Book For Endurance

"Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance" I found out about this book on Steve House's Facebook page. I highly recommend it as the…

Started by Peter Almerling

0 Nov 23, 2012

Total Knee Replacement

Hi, I had TKR in May of this year, had hiked and backpacked before, even managed to bag a few of California's 14,000' peaks.  Now I want to…

Started by Deadman Walking

0 Nov 17, 2012

Preparing

I am preparing for Mt Hood in July.  We initially planned on going in April, but the weather prevented us from climbing - strong winds, fre…

Started by Mary Ann marko

1 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by Ali Alami

What is more important? Time or Elevation Gain?

In the 12 week mountaineering training schedule, I see a 5 hour hike with 2000 ft elevation gain is recommended. It is easy for me to hit 2…

Started by Trin Yuthasastrakosol

5 Oct 12, 2011
Reply by Peter Tirelli

Should I rest the day after hike?

I am trying to get in shape to summit Mount Adams, and lose 13 lbs in the process. My question is; when I hike something steep, like Mount…

Started by Hikergirl

1 May 31, 2011
Reply by Ali Alami

Mount St. Helens Institute needs Mother's Day pictures

Hello-- does anyone out there have a photo of Mother's Day on Mount St. Helens that they are willing to share with the Mount St. Helens Ins…

Started by Jeanne Bennett

0 Apr 18, 2011

Endeavor 100

About a year ago I read Ed Viesturs "No Shortcuts to the Top", in it he describes climbing all 14 of the 8000ers.  He called it Endeavor 80…

Started by Jess Miller

3 Sep 7, 2010
Reply by Ali Alami

Update on Endeavor 100

This is day 5 of endeavor 100.  I am just as gun ho as I was on day one.  I begin the the week at 312 lbs.  Now I am at 301lbs.  I am 2 lbs…

Started by Jess Miller

0 Sep 3, 2010

RSS

Free Training plans:
Hiking and Backpacking
6 week beginner plan

General Mountaineering:
Intermediate Plan 12 weeks

Mt. Rainier 12 week plan:

Mount Rainier Training Plan

8 Month Mountaineering Training & Fitness Plan

Meal Plans: